Vagabonde Surf Art Festival, France
Bonjour! I'm happy to announce I'll be participating in the Vagabonde Surf Art Festival in Bordeaux, France July 3-6th at the Helle De Chartrons. Along with having nine new pieces of art showing, I'll be attending the show and live painting on a pair of breasts... hey, it's France right? Actually, it's a plaster cast of a pair of breasts for the Keep-A-Breast Foundation, but it should still be fun, and it's for a good cause... saving boobies.
For the show, I created a series of nine triangle paintings and was fortunate enough to have master woodworker, John Birchim (www.jayawave.com) create some of the most beautiful reclaimed wood frames I've ever seen. These puppies look sharp! 60° Sharp actually.
Get all the info here: www.festivalvagabonde.com
If you live in the Bordeaux area or know somebody who does, help spread the word. Hope to see some of you there!
Here's a few samples of what will be hanging out in France...
"Moon Reef" © Erik Abel 2014
30.5"x26" Acrylic, marker, colored pencil on wood
Frame: Reclaimed Gaviota Coast Redwood by John Birchim
"Oceanic Triangle 03" © Erik Abel 2014
21.5"x18.5" Acrylic, marker, colored pencil on wood
Frame: Reclaimed Black Walnut by John Birchim
Share This Story, Choose Your Platform!
- "Life Wyldest" My big solo show
- New Mt. Rainier Print Release with Pnwonderland
- Print Release with Pnwonderland
- Dec. Art Shows in Hawaii
- Stormy Weather Arts Festival Artist
- 2016 Stormy Weather Art Festival
- Surf's Up Art Show July 8th
- New Screen Print "Humpy"
- Artist Residence at Prana
- New 8x10 Print "Northern Sol"
- New Limited Edition Prints on Wood Panels
- Festival Vagabonde: Bordeaux, France
- Art for REI Santa Monica
- Save The Waves Artwork
- Summit Artist Residency
- Artwork for the 2014 Reef Hawaiian Pro
- New Art at Wyland Gallery Haleiwa, North Shore
- Art Show Sept 6th, Carpinteria, CA
- Vagabonde Surf Art Festival, France
- Surf For Life Mural Project: Nicaragua
- New Big Prints - 24"x36"
- Fungus Fascination
- The Kelpafornia Series is Complete
- Fish Outta Water 037 and 038
- Skateboard Painting
- A Few New Paintings
- Sector 9 Artist Series Skateboards
- Art & Prints at Nikau Kai this Friday
- Heal the Bay Gala and Artwork
- Video: Heal the Bay Gala Artwork
- New 20x30in Bamboo Prints for Heal the Bay
- Video: Fish Outta Water for Surfrider San Diego Gala
- Video: Painting "Welcome to the Jungle"
- "Branching Out" at Art Whino April 13th
- Heal the Bay 2013 Partner Artist
- Dropping the Fear in 2013...
- Video: Time Lapse of a new Commission
- Video: Time Lapse of a Surfboard Painting
- Wedding Art
- Prints on Wood for Hurricane Sandy Relief
- Video: The Making of "Tropic Funk 1 & 2"
- National Cherry Blossom Festival Artwork
- Tru Protection Case Sneak Peek
- New Print for SurfAid Cup Malibu 2012
- Ventura Westside Artwalk :: July 21-22
- Print Release: Limited issue, 22-Color Print "The Island of Gratitude"
- Concrete Wave Magazine Cover, Article and 22 Color Print Release
- Create:Fixate show pics
- New November Art