Prints on Wood for Hurricane Sandy Relief
I’ve been thinking about doing some prints on wood for a while…I’ve always painted on wood panels and thought this format would add a unique texture and life to prints. The company I found, prints with durable UV inks directly on FSC Certified wood and one tree gets planted with every purchase through the Plant a Billion Trees charity. Even though I wanted to reproduce my entire life’s work on these awesome looking panels, I settled on 6 prints to start, a combination of illustrations and originals in a variety of sizes.
This is a very limited edition, with only 25 of each print available.
The first sample prints came in right after Hurricane Sandy hit the East Coast. Along with much of the rest of the country, I felt compassion along with a sense of helplessness… What could I do to help? I’d heard from some friends over there that the damage was much worse and far spread than what we were seeing in the media. That’s when I saw one of the nonprofits I admire most, Waves For Water, was doing an on the ground relief initiative in the damaged communities. To help support W4W and the people of the East Coast, I am donating 15% of sales of these new prints on wood to W4W’s Hurricane Sandy Relief Initiative. My goal is to raise over $5000 for the organization, of which W4W will use 100% directly for relief aid. The funds we raise will help provide people in need with basic supplies and fund the rebuilding efforts of the communities. Working with nonprofits is a very important part of what I do. As an artist, it allows me to make a bigger impact with my talents and give back to the communities and environment that inspire me. With this W4W project we can provide immediate aid for those affected here while also supporting a great nonprofit that helps people around the world. Check out all 6 new prints in my STORE and my W4W Fundraising page to see our progress and how others are raising funds for this cause. Thanks for your support!
More about these prints:
These prints on wood truly look amazing! The printing process does not use a base layer of white ink which allows the natural, warm wood grain to show through the ink. Even though these are reproductions in an edition, the unique grain pattern in each piece of wood makes each print a one of a kind. All but one design features a natural wood border around the entire image offering a professional, classy look without a frame.
• Printed with durable UV inks on FCS Certified Birch Plywood
• Ready to hang with keyhole slot
• Hand signed and numbered by Erik Abel
• Limited Edition of 25 of each of the 6 prints
• Sizes range from 12 x12 inches to 16x24 inches. All panels are 3/4 inches thick.
• Includes a certificate of authenticity
Share This Story, Choose Your Platform!
- "Life Wyldest" My big solo show
- New Mt. Rainier Print Release with Pnwonderland
- Print Release with Pnwonderland
- Dec. Art Shows in Hawaii
- Stormy Weather Arts Festival Artist
- 2016 Stormy Weather Art Festival
- Surf's Up Art Show July 8th
- New Screen Print "Humpy"
- Artist Residence at Prana
- New 8x10 Print "Northern Sol"
- New Limited Edition Prints on Wood Panels
- Festival Vagabonde: Bordeaux, France
- Art for REI Santa Monica
- Save The Waves Artwork
- Summit Artist Residency
- Artwork for the 2014 Reef Hawaiian Pro
- New Art at Wyland Gallery Haleiwa, North Shore
- Art Show Sept 6th, Carpinteria, CA
- Vagabonde Surf Art Festival, France
- Surf For Life Mural Project: Nicaragua
- New Big Prints - 24"x36"
- Fungus Fascination
- The Kelpafornia Series is Complete
- Fish Outta Water 037 and 038
- Skateboard Painting
- A Few New Paintings
- Sector 9 Artist Series Skateboards
- Art & Prints at Nikau Kai this Friday
- Heal the Bay Gala and Artwork
- Video: Heal the Bay Gala Artwork
- New 20x30in Bamboo Prints for Heal the Bay
- Video: Fish Outta Water for Surfrider San Diego Gala
- Video: Painting "Welcome to the Jungle"
- "Branching Out" at Art Whino April 13th
- Heal the Bay 2013 Partner Artist
- Dropping the Fear in 2013...
- Video: Time Lapse of a new Commission
- Video: Time Lapse of a Surfboard Painting
- Wedding Art
- Prints on Wood for Hurricane Sandy Relief
- Video: The Making of "Tropic Funk 1 & 2"
- National Cherry Blossom Festival Artwork
- Tru Protection Case Sneak Peek
- New Print for SurfAid Cup Malibu 2012
- Ventura Westside Artwalk :: July 21-22
- Print Release: Limited issue, 22-Color Print "The Island of Gratitude"
- Concrete Wave Magazine Cover, Article and 22 Color Print Release
- Create:Fixate show pics
- New November Art