Print Release with Pnwonderland
Do you enjoy the Pacific Northwest? Do you like seeing awesome photography and art from around these parts? Pnwonderland connects like-minded people throughout the PNW region and their Instagram showcases some some of the most beautiful imagery from this neck of the woods. I'm so happy to release this new print collaboration with them featuring the mighty Mt. Hood. Here's some Native American lore to wet your history whistle...
"... Northwest Indians told early explorers about the fiery Mount St. Helens. In fact, an Indian name for the mountain, Louwala-Clough, means "smoking mountain". According to one legend, the mountain was once a beautiful maiden, "Loowit". When two sons of the Great Spirit "Sahale" fell in love with her, she could not choose between them. The two braves, Wyeast and Klickitat fought over her, burying villages and forests in the process. Sahale was furious. He smote the three lovers and erected a mighty mountain peak where each fell. Because Loowit was beautiful, her mountain (Mount St. Helens) was a beautiful, symmetrical cone of dazzling white. Wyeast (Mount Hood) lifts his head in pride, but Klickitat (Mount Adams) wept to see the beautiful maiden wrapped in snow, so he bends his head as he gazes on St. Helens. ..." I love this stuff!
To celebrate this print release with pnwonderland, we're giving away one of these framed, 20x20in canvas prints.
Here's how to enter:
Head over to @pnwonderland on Instagram, find this print in their feed and follow the rules on that post.
A winner will be randomly picked Saturday, July 18th at noon Pacific time.
Don't want to press your luck and wait? It’s available right now, right here, in my Shop as 12x12 and 20x20 bamboo paper prints and 12x12, 20x20 and 36x36 canvas prints with frame options. And use code: HOOD to take 20% off if you order by Sunday 7/19 at midnight PST.
Share This Story, Choose Your Platform!
- "Life Wyldest" My big solo show
- New Mt. Rainier Print Release with Pnwonderland
- Print Release with Pnwonderland
- Dec. Art Shows in Hawaii
- Stormy Weather Arts Festival Artist
- 2016 Stormy Weather Art Festival
- Surf's Up Art Show July 8th
- New Screen Print "Humpy"
- Artist Residence at Prana
- New 8x10 Print "Northern Sol"
- New Limited Edition Prints on Wood Panels
- Festival Vagabonde: Bordeaux, France
- Art for REI Santa Monica
- Save The Waves Artwork
- Summit Artist Residency
- Artwork for the 2014 Reef Hawaiian Pro
- New Art at Wyland Gallery Haleiwa, North Shore
- Art Show Sept 6th, Carpinteria, CA
- Vagabonde Surf Art Festival, France
- Surf For Life Mural Project: Nicaragua
- New Big Prints - 24"x36"
- Fungus Fascination
- The Kelpafornia Series is Complete
- Fish Outta Water 037 and 038
- Skateboard Painting
- A Few New Paintings
- Sector 9 Artist Series Skateboards
- Art & Prints at Nikau Kai this Friday
- Heal the Bay Gala and Artwork
- Video: Heal the Bay Gala Artwork
- New 20x30in Bamboo Prints for Heal the Bay
- Video: Fish Outta Water for Surfrider San Diego Gala
- Video: Painting "Welcome to the Jungle"
- "Branching Out" at Art Whino April 13th
- Heal the Bay 2013 Partner Artist
- Dropping the Fear in 2013...
- Video: Time Lapse of a new Commission
- Video: Time Lapse of a Surfboard Painting
- Wedding Art
- Prints on Wood for Hurricane Sandy Relief
- Video: The Making of "Tropic Funk 1 & 2"
- National Cherry Blossom Festival Artwork
- Tru Protection Case Sneak Peek
- New Print for SurfAid Cup Malibu 2012
- Ventura Westside Artwalk :: July 21-22
- Print Release: Limited issue, 22-Color Print "The Island of Gratitude"
- Concrete Wave Magazine Cover, Article and 22 Color Print Release
- Create:Fixate show pics
- New November Art