Dropping the Fear in 2013...
I've been sifting through years of sketchbooks and journals lately. There's some exciting discoveries and directions that I never had the balls to pursue any further, or just never got around to coming back to, or thought I was straying too far from my comfort zone and it would be a bad move for my career... which is the absolute lamest excuse in the book, but I tend to have that thought a lot and my artwork has definitely suffered because of subconsciously caring what others would think. Maybe it's insecurities. Maybe I fear my work not being accepted by certain industries or certain groups of people. Whatever it is, it's time to knock that shit off and get real and get down the the bottom of it. So in 2013, I'm going to kick my own ass and push my work into some uncharted territories and see where it goes. Exploration. Inside and out.
Over the next several months I'll be gearing up for an art show at Art Whino Gallery in Washington DC on April 13th as part of the 101st National Cherry Blossom Festival that I did the art for. The Abel Arts studio will be in full force until then and I'll be documenting as much of the process and journey as possible.
Here we go...
Share This Story, Choose Your Platform!
- "Life Wyldest" My big solo show
- New Mt. Rainier Print Release with Pnwonderland
- Print Release with Pnwonderland
- Dec. Art Shows in Hawaii
- Stormy Weather Arts Festival Artist
- 2016 Stormy Weather Art Festival
- Surf's Up Art Show July 8th
- New Screen Print "Humpy"
- Artist Residence at Prana
- New 8x10 Print "Northern Sol"
- New Limited Edition Prints on Wood Panels
- Festival Vagabonde: Bordeaux, France
- Art for REI Santa Monica
- Save The Waves Artwork
- Summit Artist Residency
- Artwork for the 2014 Reef Hawaiian Pro
- New Art at Wyland Gallery Haleiwa, North Shore
- Art Show Sept 6th, Carpinteria, CA
- Vagabonde Surf Art Festival, France
- Surf For Life Mural Project: Nicaragua
- New Big Prints - 24"x36"
- Fungus Fascination
- The Kelpafornia Series is Complete
- Fish Outta Water 037 and 038
- Skateboard Painting
- A Few New Paintings
- Sector 9 Artist Series Skateboards
- Art & Prints at Nikau Kai this Friday
- Heal the Bay Gala and Artwork
- Video: Heal the Bay Gala Artwork
- New 20x30in Bamboo Prints for Heal the Bay
- Video: Fish Outta Water for Surfrider San Diego Gala
- Video: Painting "Welcome to the Jungle"
- "Branching Out" at Art Whino April 13th
- Heal the Bay 2013 Partner Artist
- Dropping the Fear in 2013...
- Video: Time Lapse of a new Commission
- Video: Time Lapse of a Surfboard Painting
- Wedding Art
- Prints on Wood for Hurricane Sandy Relief
- Video: The Making of "Tropic Funk 1 & 2"
- National Cherry Blossom Festival Artwork
- Tru Protection Case Sneak Peek
- New Print for SurfAid Cup Malibu 2012
- Ventura Westside Artwalk :: July 21-22
- Print Release: Limited issue, 22-Color Print "The Island of Gratitude"
- Concrete Wave Magazine Cover, Article and 22 Color Print Release
- Create:Fixate show pics
- New November Art