"Branching Out" at Art Whino April 13th
I'm headed back to DC for another showing of art at Art Whino Gallery. Can't believe it's already been 5 years since the last time I had a show out there... and got so smashed I fell in the Potomac River. I vaguely remember standing in the lobby of the hotel dripping wet and muddy yelling about something to someone... but that's another story for another time.
"Branching Out" is a 3 person show also featuring the talented Ursula Young and Graham Franciose. The opening is this Saturday, April 13th, everybody will be there. I've got a few large paintings, a few small paintings and a few paintings that are juuuust right. As well as 9 small mixed media drawings mounted on wood that I really, really dig. Come check it out if you're in the area or share this with somebody who is.
The show also coincides with the final day and parade of the National Cherry Blossom Festival I did the art for so there's a lot going on in DC this weekend. I'll be signing Cherry Blossom Fest posters at the festival after the parade as well as at Art Whino on Saturday night.
From Art Whino:
In conjunction with this year’s Cherry Blossom Festival, Art Whino will be hosting an exhibit focusing on this Washington D.C. spring time tradition and will feature the work of the official Festival artist, Erik Abel, along with two other talented and reknown artists, Graham Franciose and Ursula Young . As the trees begin to bloom and bring life to the city, these works of art will depict this time of new life that signifies the end of winter and the return of color. With a diverse assortment of three artists, each work will be as unique as every blossom of these remarkable trees. Erik Abel’s graphic approach, Graham Franciose’s painterly illustrative style, and Ursula Xanthe Young’s surrealist perspective, will blend in subject matter and will contrast in treatment, bringing forth the individuality of each artist’s work and the beauty of nature in Spring.
Saturday, April 13th, from 8-11pm
Art Whino Gallery
120 American Way
National Harbor, MD 20745
Show end date: May 13th
Complimentary Frost Beverages by PBR.
Partial Proceeds of the sales will go to the National Cherry Blossom Festival
The event is FREE and open to the public.
Here's a peek at a few pieces from the show...
Share This Story, Choose Your Platform!
- "Life Wyldest" My big solo show
- New Mt. Rainier Print Release with Pnwonderland
- Print Release with Pnwonderland
- Dec. Art Shows in Hawaii
- Stormy Weather Arts Festival Artist
- 2016 Stormy Weather Art Festival
- Surf's Up Art Show July 8th
- New Screen Print "Humpy"
- Artist Residence at Prana
- New 8x10 Print "Northern Sol"
- New Limited Edition Prints on Wood Panels
- Festival Vagabonde: Bordeaux, France
- Art for REI Santa Monica
- Save The Waves Artwork
- Summit Artist Residency
- Artwork for the 2014 Reef Hawaiian Pro
- New Art at Wyland Gallery Haleiwa, North Shore
- Art Show Sept 6th, Carpinteria, CA
- Vagabonde Surf Art Festival, France
- Surf For Life Mural Project: Nicaragua
- New Big Prints - 24"x36"
- Fungus Fascination
- The Kelpafornia Series is Complete
- Fish Outta Water 037 and 038
- Skateboard Painting
- A Few New Paintings
- Sector 9 Artist Series Skateboards
- Art & Prints at Nikau Kai this Friday
- Heal the Bay Gala and Artwork
- Video: Heal the Bay Gala Artwork
- New 20x30in Bamboo Prints for Heal the Bay
- Video: Fish Outta Water for Surfrider San Diego Gala
- Video: Painting "Welcome to the Jungle"
- "Branching Out" at Art Whino April 13th
- Heal the Bay 2013 Partner Artist
- Dropping the Fear in 2013...
- Video: Time Lapse of a new Commission
- Video: Time Lapse of a Surfboard Painting
- Wedding Art
- Prints on Wood for Hurricane Sandy Relief
- Video: The Making of "Tropic Funk 1 & 2"
- National Cherry Blossom Festival Artwork
- Tru Protection Case Sneak Peek
- New Print for SurfAid Cup Malibu 2012
- Ventura Westside Artwalk :: July 21-22
- Print Release: Limited issue, 22-Color Print "The Island of Gratitude"
- Concrete Wave Magazine Cover, Article and 22 Color Print Release
- Create:Fixate show pics
- New November Art